Last Updated: May 1, 2017
Introduction and Scope of Practices
This Policy explains:
· How we collect, use, and share information from or about you;
· Your choices about our use of your personal information; and
· How you can access and update your information.
Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"). PII means information or a combination of information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a specific person. We may collect the following types of PII from you:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, fax or phone number;
- Payment and financial information, such as credit or other payment card information, bank account, or billing address;
- Email address, username and password are required for users to store and modify bookmarks and other content on the site.
- Bookmarks, conversations, and associated content submitted by users
- IP, browser, and cookie data are utilized for the purpose of customizing the Service for each user.
You may request that we cease using and/or delete some or all of your information by changing your account settings or contacting Customer Service as indicated below. Additionally, we may from time to time provide you with the opportunity to "opt-in" and/or "opt-out" of receiving certain communications from us or our third party affiliates, and these settings can be changed at any by changing your account settings or contacting Customer Service as indicated below. You agree that such actions, including the deletion of your information and/or your election to opt-out of receiving certain communications, may impact your ability to fully use the Service.
Other Information (“OI”). We may collect other information other than PII that does not reveal your identity or directly relate to a person. We may collect the followingOI from you:
· Device and other tracking information, such as browser information, device identifiers, operating system, or information gained from cookies, pixels or other tracking technologies. OI may also include PII we have de identified or aggregated to the point where it no longer identifies a particular individual. If we ever combine OI with any PII, we treat it as PII is treated under this Policy. In some jurisdictions, some OI may be considered PII by law. In those cases, we will treat the information as PII is treated under this Policy.
· IP, browser, and cookie data are utilized for the purpose of customizing the Service for each user.
Also, if you choose to bookmark a page on Nimble Commerceand save conversations in your local area, we will store the information you provide to us. Nimble Commerceemployees may examine this data on an individual user basis as necessary to operate the Service, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
We may use PII we collect for the following purposes:
· To provide you with the Services you requested;
· To verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, and secure your PII;
· To send you important information, such as changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
· To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
· To track referrals from partner websites;
· To personalize your experience on a Site by presenting content or offers tailored to you;
· To send you marketing communications you have signed up for or that we believe may be of interest to you;
· To allow you to use various Site featuressuch as bookmarking a page
· For business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing our Sites, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and
· For risk control, fraud detection and prevention, and compliance with laws and regulations.
How We Share Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
We will share your PII with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy. We do not sell PII to third parties.
Affiliates: To the extent permitted by law, we may provide information about your transactions and experiences with other affiliated entities, including Blackhawk Network, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Service providers: We may provide your PII to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your PII only as necessary to provide these services.
Additional Disclosure: We may also disclose your PII:
· As permitted or required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
· When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
· If Nimble Commerceor its parent, Blackhawk Network, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. You will be notified by email and/or by a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your PII;
· To any other third party with your prior consent.
How We Collect And Use Other Information
We and certain third party service providers with whom we have agreements may collect OI in a variety of ways, including:
Log files: Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files. We may link this data to PII we have collected about you.
You can refuse to accept cookies. Most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies and HTML5 local storage. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you elect not to accept cookies, your use of the features on our Sites may be limited or impaired, and you may not be able to access certain features of our Sites at all.
Our third party partners use Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, to embed features on our sites. To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
Advertising: We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. If you are located in the European Union, click here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Social Media Widgets: Our Sites include social media features, such as the Facebook "Like" button. These features may collect your IP address, identify the page you are visiting on our website, and set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social Media Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. The privacy statement of the company providing it governs your interactions with these Widgets. We will comply with any legal obligations placed on the use of these technologies by certain jurisdictions, which may affect how these Widgets function.
Security and Retention
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, including encrypting the transmission of any sensitive information, such as payment card information. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
User Access and Choice
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, update, amend, remove, ask to have it removed from a public forum, directory or testimonial on our site or deactivate it by making the change on your account page, emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. We may have no direct relationship with some individuals whose personal data it processes. In those situations, an individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query to our partner who has the direct relationship (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
"Do Not Track" Preferences
Many browsers provide you an option to request that a web application disable either its tracking and/or cross site user tracking of an individual user. We do not track your online activities across different Sites, and we only track your activity within a Site to the extent you log into your account.
Therefore, our practices remain the same whether or not you enable the "Do Not Track" feature.
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Our Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide PII through our Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
If you live in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or in Canada, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a location outside the EEA and Canada. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA and Canada who work for us or for one of our service providers. Among other things, such staff may process and store your information and provide support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Notice to Residents of Countries Outside the United States of America
Updates to This Policy
This Policy is subject to change. Please review it from time to time. If we make changes, we will revise the "Late Updated" date at the top. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy.
Chief Privacy Officer
Blackhawk Network, Inc.
6220 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton CA 94588